Sunday, January 9, 2011

Wintergirls, Laurie Halse Anderson

Title:Wintergirls
Author:Laurie Halse Anderson
Pages:278
Published: March 19, 2009
My Rating:B
Summary: LIA AND CASSIE were best friends wintergirls frozen in matchstick bodies. But now Cassie is dead. Lia's mother is to busy saving other people's lives. Her father is away on business. Her stepmother is clueless. And the voice inside Lia's head keeps telling her to remain in control, stay strong, lose more, weigh less. If she keeps on going this way- thin, thinner, thinest- maybe she'll disappear all together.
My Review: This books was good. I think i'm a little more dissapointed beacuase I had high expectations for this. And I was also kind of disstracted with it. But the end really drew me in. It's a very emotional book. She's dealing with anorexia and cutting it's terrible! But I would reccomend!

I still really love Laurie Halse Anderson's style of writing. I can't wait to read more of her books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2011 Book Challenge

My Challenge is to read 55 books or more so far i've read:
1.Perfect,Sara Shepard
2.Unbelievable,Sara Shepard
3.Split,Swati Avasthi
4.Wintergirls, Laurie Halse Anderson
5.Glass, Ellen Hopkins
6.Burned, Ellen Hopkins
7.Impulse, Ellen Hopkins
8.Living Dead Girl, Elizabeth Scott
9. The Summoning, Kelley Armstrong
10. An Abundance of Katherines, John Green
11. Some Girls Are, Courntey Summers
12. Bliss, Lauren Myracle
13. F My Life, Various
14. The Awakening, Kelley Armstrong
15. The Reckoning, Kelley Armstrong
16. Happyface, Stephen Edmond
17. Jinx, Meg Cabot